Covered Learner is designed for learner drivers who are learning to drive in someone else’s car accompanied by a supervisor over 25 who meets the criteria below. This is a fully comprehensive motor policy that protects the vehicle owner’s No Claims Bonus should the insured learner be involved in a fault accident. The selected excess is waived if you provide dash camera (or other video evidence) within 48 hours of any motor incident you are involved in.
Do you qualify?
Unfortunately there are certain categories of individual and vehicle for whom we are unable to provide cover. These are:
We are unable to insure the following learner drivers:
We are unable to insure the following vehicles:
- Who are under 17 years of age on the start date of this policy.
(Drivers under 17 may apply if they have completed and been accepted under the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) scheme and DVSA have issued a Provisional Driving Licence to them and provided details to us.)
- Who owns the car they learning to drive in.
- Who doesn’t hold a current UK provisional driving licence.
- Who has any fault motor accident claims against them, excluding windscreen claims.
- Whose main income is derived from professional sports or the music industry.
- Who has any motor or non-motor convictions, or any motor or non-motor convictions pending, including fixed penalty notices. You may disregard any spent convictions.
- Who hasn’t been a UK resident for 2 years or longer.
- Who resides in a postcode not accepted in the application process.
The person supervising the insured learner must:
- That is not insured under a separate motor policy by the owner during the term of this policy.
- If the main insurance on the insured vehicle is a motor trade, fleet, taxi or private hire policy.
- Any hired or rental vehicle.
- That is not owned by, leased or contracted to the owner of the insured vehicle.
- In insurance group 30 or above.
- Valued over £20,000.
- Is left hand drive.
- Has been modified and not built to UK or the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Has more than 7 seats.
- Is registered in a postcode not accepted in the application process.
- Be 25 years of age or older.
- Hold a current full UK/EU/EEA driving licence.
- Have held a current full UK EU/EEA driving licence for 3 years or longer.
- Have been a UK resident for 2 years or longer.
- Additionally a DVSA ADI or PDI Driving instructor or DVSA Examiner may also supervise the learner.
I confirm I have read and understand the Key Exclusions above.
To proceed with this application you will need. Your driving licence number, the name of the vehicle owner’s insurance company, the vehicle owner’s name and home postcode.
Data Protection Notice
To ensure you receive the correct cover and combat fraud, we check the information you provide to us is correct. We check your driving licence details via the governments My Licence database. We also check the vehicle is insured by the vehicle owner using the Motor insurance Databases (MID). You should show this data protection notice to the vehicle owner and gain consent for their data to be used as set out above. We authorise you to use the data in accordance with this Data Protection Notice and carry out searches and pass the data that we have provided to you to suppliers, insurers and third parties for the purposes set out.
For your convenience we would like to email you a link back to our website if you do not complete the application or you encounter any problems on the website. If you do not take out a policy, we will not store your email address or contact you again once this email has been sent to you.
No Thanks Yes Please
Note For your own benefit and protection, you should read the Insurance Product Information Document and Policy Wording documents available on this page before purchasing a policy.